A Better You! is a dynamic 60-minute NO-COST digital event featuring live music, fitness tips, inspirational remarks, guidance on Medicare-related options, and features 84-year old fitness guru Ernestine Shepherd!
The event begins with inspirational remarks by Rev. Lawrence Aker about the role of spiritual and mental health within one’s overall well-being.
Previous guest pastors include:
• Rev. Dr. Otis Moss Trinity United Church of Christ (Chicago, IL)
• Rev. Michael A. Walrond Jr. First Corinthian Baptist Church (Harlem, NY)
• Dr. Norman Francis, President Xavier University (New Orleans, LA)
• Rev. Dr. Horace Smith Apostolic Faith Church (Chicago, IL)
• Rev. Dr. Carla Stokes New Birth Missionary Baptist Church (Atlanta, GA)
Next up is a dynamic and easy-to-follow presentation by Rita Tolbert of UnitedHealthcare. Ms. Tolbert breaks down important terminology and key dates and explains Medicare coverage and benefits.
84-year-old fitness guru and media personality Ernestine Shepherd inspires the audience to be active and shares details of her appearance in Beyonce’s Black is King film. Ernestine’s coach and the former Mr. Universe, Yohnnie Shambourger, shares key nutritional tips and guides Ernestine through a brief interactive demonstration of exercises anyone can do at home.
A Better You concludes with musical performances by the legendary vocal group The Persuasions and a post-event question and answer segment with Rita Tolbert.
There’s no cost to register for this digital event, but the information shared is priceless! A Better You! is coming October 8 and 10, 2020.
Let's make sure the BBFG represents!